Depending on contract award, Leidos will have 1 opening for an Information Technology Network Engineer in the country of Qatar. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the AFCENT Communications Technical Support Service IV mission. In this mission we ensure communications information is available to forward deployed forces supporting Operation Resolute Support and Inherent Resolve in South West Asia (SWA) and the continuing mission requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD).
The successful candidate shall provide WAN (Serial Circuit, Internet Protocol (IP) etc.) transport engineering, installation, and troubleshooting support. Tasks shall include:
a. Install and modify new and existing WAN transport systems as directed by the Government.
b. Perform monitoring and troubleshooting of WAN transport as specified in the TO.
c. Provide analysis and recommendations to optimize WAN transport networks.
d. Establish testing and remote monitoring procedures to ensure reliable operation of WAN transport in theater.
e. Perform Tests and Acceptance (T&A) of new Technical Control Facilities (TCF) equipment per Government-Furnished Information (GFI) criteria.
f. Conduct circuit, trunk, or link engineering necessary to establish or modify services.
g. Conduct transmission, voice, data, message, and video network engineering.
h. Process requests for service for circuits, trunks, and links.
i. Support circuit actions to include:
1. Communicate and coordinate requests for service.
2. Review service requests and service orders to ensure accurate circuit actions resulting from service re-quests.
3. Report circuit and system activations and deactivations through DISA channels.
4. Maintain circuit records.
j. Manage and implement network changes.
k. Develop documentation and schedules in support of the planning, analysis, and development of telecommunications and IT networks and systems as required.
l. Coordinate network issues within the USAFCENT staff and with outside agencies including, but not limited to: HQ USCENTCOM and subordinate Joint Task Force (JTFs), the CENTCOM Theater Command and Control Center (TCCC), HQ, USAFCENT base communications squadron staffs, and theater technical control facilities.
m. Travel as needed to support USAFCENT network engineering planning, implementation, or issue resolution.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical/electronics/computer engineering from an accredited university. Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order.
- The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificates: Security+, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Minimum of 8 years of “hands on” work experience in support of communications electronic systems or equipment.
- Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, understands Internet Protocol (IP) routing and architecture design and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks.
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience in the following areas: Information Technology, IP Network Design and Architecture Development, Tech Control, VTC
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Military Communication Systems as specified in the task order
Requires a valid U.S. Passport that will not expire within 7 months of the candidates hire date.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.