On contract award, Leidos will have 2 openings for a Communications Security (COMSEC) EKMS Manager in the country of Qatar. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the AFCENT Communications Technical Support Service IV mission. In this mission we ensure communications information is available to forward deployed forces supporting Operation Resolute Support and Inherent Resolve in South West Asia (SWA) and the continuing mission requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD).
The successful candidates shall perform COMSEC duties IAW AFMAN 17-1302-0, COMSEC User Requirements. The candidate shall perform COMSEC management as specified in the individual TO. COMSEC management duties shall include:
a. System database management to include compilation of system’s reports and overall system performance.
b. Management of a DoD classified COMSEC account IAW National Security Agency (NSA) and USAF-specified publications.
c. Develop or verify existing key management systems to be compliant with Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) standards.
d. Generate and distribute electronic keys from national and service-level sources to the end-item COMSEC component (End Cryptographic Unit (ECU)).
e. Perform semi-annual site visits to assist, train, and account for COMSEC equipment as required by the TO.
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01M, SPIN-C or individual task order.
- Intermediate “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment.
- Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Intermediate experience in the following:
- Managing system databases to include compilation of systems reports and overall system performance
- Managing a Department of Defense (DOD) classified COMSEC account in accordance with National Security Agency (NSA) and specified service regulations
- Managing and supervising communications support personnel
- COMSEC (KMI and EKMS) standards
- Generation and distribution of electronic keys from national and service level sources to the end-item communications security component (End Cryptographic Unit - ECU)
Candidate must have a valid U.S. Passport that will not expire with 7 months from hire date.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.