The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking an experienced SATCOM/ SMART-T Instructor/ Field Operations to provide, implementation, maintaining, and support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc. 1). You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet PM-WIN-T objectives both current and future improvements.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
Perform network maintenance and system upgrades
Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree. (4 additional years of directly related experience will offset the degree requirements.)
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience
- Must have active DoD Secret clearance.
- Fundamental understanding of satellite communication theory.
- Knowledge of SMART-T
- Fundamental understanding of the NCW network.
- Familiarization of using a spectrum analyzer.
- Familiarization of iDirect modem.
- Familiarization of MPM-1000 modem.
- Experience with troubleshooting satellite links.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.