Leidos Health group currently has openings for systems analyst III to work in our Atlanta, GA office.
Under general supervision, performs systems analysis of computer and communications/network systems. Performs systems installation of computer operating systems, network, and applications software, and computer/network hardware, hypervisors and other Cloud Computing infrastructure components, SOA software (ESBs, Web Servers, Business Process Software, Portal Servers). Has ability to adapt to new situations and environments including GIS applications and requirements and create/maintain all appropriate project documentation as required by the project sponsors and federal Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) guidelines. Possesses keen troubleshooting skills to assist the SME and project leads.
- Collaborate with epidemiologist, research scientist, and medical doctors in collecting and analyzing data analytics requirements.
- Document the business and functional requirements in Use Cases and User Stories.
- Apply their professional training and education to identify non-functional requirements such as scalability, security, and reliability for user community to confirm and validate.
- Produce all agreed requirements into software and hardware specifications.
- With the approved specifications, design the software, hardware, and security features of the solution using Agile SCRUM process.
- Code the solutions using various technologies such as SAS, Hadoop, MongoDB, SQL Server, Tableau, Google Map, ArcGIS, and AWS Cloud to aggregate and consolidate data for further analysis by Data Scientists and Epidemiologist for knowledge discovery.
- Perform iterative test and modification in each of the SCRUM sprint on the newly available features and functionalities until customer expectations are met.
- Repeat the process for each new project.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five (5) years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. With a Master’s degree, three (3) years of general experience is acceptable. With a PhD, one (1) year of general experience is required.
Five (5) years directly related experience with the maintenance or development of software programs/applications based in UNIX or C or other applicable computer languages. Computerized System experience, to include: Design, Development, Test and Evaluation, Network Protocols, LAN administration fundamentals, and UNIX and/or Windows based operating system. UX/UI experience optional
US Citizenship require-must be able to obtain and maintain a Public trust government security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.