The Enroute Charting Team on the NISC III contract is an Aeronautical Information team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist the Leidos Enroute Team as well as the FAA in creating and maintaining Enroute aeronautical charts supporting the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Aeronautical Information Analyst Senior will provide technical support to the Federal Aviation Administration in maintaining critical office operations to aid in the development and maintenance of the National Airspace System (NAS). Provide support through creation, maintenance and distribution of aeronautical data, and associated products for air traffic control and the aviation community. Effective coordination is required between numerous government offices, departments and teams.
- Provide National Airspace System users/stakeholders with accurate and timely aeronautical data.
- Assist in analyzing and maintaining aeronautical information as well as foundational data, as needed in support of the National Airspace System.
- Evaluate and process incoming aeronautical source information and source data. Applying Standard Operating Procedures, specifications, orders and other guidance to update aeronautical data.
- Revise/maintain aeronautical information within FAA data sets based on analysis, evaluation, and processing of authorized source information.
- Support UAS mapping and data maintenance.
- Use ESRI GIS software and tools to create/maintain aeronautical charts, maps and data.
- Coordinate, as needed, with FAA, DoD, or other civil/industry stakeholders as needed to resolve source issues, errors, or questions.
- Determine, upon reviewing available data, if all source data provided meets requirements to maintain level of safety and data quality to support the National Airspace System.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of automated aeronautical information systems.
- Recommend process or automation improvements, as needed, to improve efficiency and/or quality.
- Have a working knowledge of map definition language, Aeronautical Information Exchange Model, ESRI shapefiles and other ESRI GIS data storage formats, NASR subscriber files.
- Perform documentation and file management as needed.
- Using AIS’s production enterprise hardware and software platforms to analyze data and make the computations necessary to produce finished data products.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- 8 years’ experience as an Aeronautical Information Analyst with contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geospatial Information Sciences (GIS), UAS Operations or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in C# and Python. ArcServer, ArcGIS Pro, Oracle 18, SQL Server, Open source GIS such as GeoServer.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.