The Leidos Corporate Controller’s office has an opening for a Consolidations Lead in Reston, VA. You will play a critical role in Leidos’ monthly close and consolidation process and the timely and accurate preparation and filing of Leidos’ quarterly and annual SEC filings. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Consolidations within the Corporate Controller’s organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the month-end close and consolidation process within Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) (receive and review all offline subsidiary submissions, ensure all entities have been promoted in HFM and all required documentation has been received)
- Monitor submission of all waves of supplemental data, including web form data, ensuring all validation accounts are cleared and Financial Reporting is in agreement with the results
- Request and review metadata changes to HFM for new accounts and divisions monthly, ensuring that accounts are properly classified in the financial statements
- Request and review all necessary changes to the HFM application, including testing of data loads for new entities and system change/upgrade testing
- Perform maintenance of all hierarchies within the HFM application
- Perform all system validations between Costpoint, HFM and LPAs and resolve discrepancies with various systems’ teams
- Perform reconciliations of test data and ensure mappings are appropriate at a financial statement level with regards to offline ledgers migrating to Costpoint
- Work closely with the other systems’ teams to ensure all system changes are reflected properly throughout all applications with actual data or organizational information
- Support the internal and external audit and quarterly review process by providing requested schedules in a timely manner
- Recommend and implement process improvements to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation for all assigned tasks
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Communicate with HFM users and help troubleshoot any issues, provide HFM training and work through necessary changes in conjunction with the EPM team.
- Other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field, coupled with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Prior experience should also include public accounting experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC regulations and their application to the preparation of financial statements
- Sound attention to detail and strong analytic abilities necessary
- Highly-developed excel skills and ability to learn new software rapidly, HFM experience desirable
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills
- CPA certification a plus
- Prior experience in government contracting industry a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.