Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group currently has a contingent opening for a Cyber Security Engineer in Hines, IL supporting the Data Center Facilities Monitoring (DCFM) program.
The selected candidate will have IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must be well versed in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Must have familiarity and experience in the implementation of cyber security regulations. The Cyber Security Engineer will be part of a team developing and supporting NIST and DoD Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes, principally evaluating and adapting existing DoD Risk Framework documentation created for the DoD Electronic Health Records system for acceptance by the Department of Veterans Affairs. System configurations and documentation should conform to VA organizational objectives. The candidate will be familiar with federal vulnerability assessment tools and techniques. The candidate will have experience assembling authorization packages to obtain an Authorization to Operate (ATO) for a government system. Candidates should be familiar with either or both DoD and VA civil processes to obtain ATOs.
- Develop, implement, test and review hardware/software information security requirements (IAW DoD/NIST RMF) to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. Implement security measures and monitor applications to meet or exceed all DoD/NIST RMF requirements. Execute system security engineering design, implementation, and validation to sustainment. Execute test plans, remediation and mitigation strategies.
- Hands-on COTS experience with underlying technologies relevant to continuous monitoring such as CyberArk, Sailpoint, Tenable, BigFix, RedSeal, Splunk, or Palo Alto Panorama
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience providing an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the information system and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience in system engineering, development and information security to include implementing the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Assessment & Authorization (A&A).
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis when identifying problems.
- Proactively monitoring the security, capacity and availability of an enterprise network.
- Assessing security controls in accordance to security standards, frameworks, laws and policies.
- Understanding of DoD 8510, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP800-37, the Risk Management Framework, and CNSSI 1253.
- B.S. in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering technical discipline is required and 8-12 years relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Eight years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Moderate experience in CND, CNE and computer network attack tools and techniques.
- Moderate experience in continuous IA Vulnerability Assessment (VA) risk assessment and remediation activities.
- Possesses knowledge of common cyber vulnerabilities, counter measures and monitoring tools.
- Ability to obtain VA Moderate BI or DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 Certification (IAT Level II).
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
- Specialized experience working with Government classified or sensitive systems.
- Experience with the enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) or RiskVision.
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker.
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager.
- CompTIA Security+
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.