Leidos is seeking a Cybersecurity Awareness and Training Administrator to join our Corporate Information Security Group. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Cybersecurity Governance and work within our Computer Information Security (CIS) department to enhance Leidos’ cybersecurity awareness and training efforts aimed at cultivating and maintaining a cybersecurity conscious culture on a global scale. The role’s primary objective is to reduce risk by ensuring all employees and business units across the organization understand their accountability in protecting the digital assets and information of the company. This will be accomplished by leading the development, continuous improvement and delivery of cybersecurity awareness programs, training plans, initiatives and materials to raise the general level of cybersecurity acumen of the organization. This role will contribute to an organization-wide social engineering campaign aimed at increasing awareness for all end users. This role will also be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of current and proposed training methods, as well as managing projects and initiatives to address overall cybersecurity training program improvements.
You will be responsible for providing cybersecurity awareness and training expert guidance, process improvement, reporting and metrics at the enterprise level. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the cybersecurity awareness and training program maintains adherence to internal and external regulations, policies and laws on a global scale. Successful candidates must demonstrate strong working knowledge of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (NICE Framework), National Institute of Standards in Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-171, NIST 800-53, and cybersecurity laws, regulations and best practices. In addition, this role must possess a strong ability to easily articulate and deliver sometimes complicated, technical information to diverse, geographically dispersed personnel to promote a culture of security awareness across the organization. In addition, the role will be responsible for continuously monitoring, measuring and reporting on the efficacy of the organization’s annual cybersecurity awareness training, role-based or specialized security training, and other cybersecurity awareness and training program initiatives.
- Establish, execute, and evolve existing Cybersecurity awareness programs (annual training, awareness programs and role-based/specialized training modules and materials) in alignment with CISO Goals, Strategy, and Objectives.
• Lead and conduct awareness activities in alignment with National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (NICE Framework), published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology SP 800-181, industry best practices, Leidos policy, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, the Cybersecurity workforce roadmap, knowledge & training analysis, and emerging needs.
• Conduct analysis and research of cybersecurity capabilities that improve the awareness programs and expand security messaging.
• Lead, develop, and execute awareness activities leveraging a variety of teaching and delivery methods.
• Develop, collect, and analyze metrics for awareness campaigns in terms of reach, impact, and change in behavior to determine effectiveness and influence strategy/direction.
• Determine the frequency of awareness activities to achieve the greatest impact and ROI
• Support Cybersecurity Training and awareness efforts across the office of the CISO as needed.
• Provide project management skills for the projects under training and awareness responsibility- plan, manage and maintain a complex, organization wide program over the long term.
• Work with the communications, corporate audio/visual, etc. teams to develop regular targeted communications to stakeholders on identified cybersecurity related topics
• Partner with other teams across the CISO organization (Incident response, service continuity, disaster recovery, threat/intelligence. Legal, privacy, human resources, business enablement) to enhance Cybersecurity awareness activities.
• Exhibit extensive attention to analyzing cybersecurity related data and research, and experience in presenting findings in a well-defined manner
• Utilize interpersonal skills to collaborate and communicate effectively with individuals across the business in various functions to communicate security related topics
- Develop Cybersecurity Training materials including, but not limited to, PowerPoints, job aids, tutorials, and procedures.
- Ensure all training materials adhere to the Leidos Cybersecurity Governance framework and establish processes for continual compliance of internal and external regulations, policies and laws.
- Work with Leidos Lines of Business, Cyber and IT personnel to ensure awareness and alignment of ongoing industry and best practice compliance obligations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field and minimum 8 years of Cybersecurity Awareness and Training related experience. Additional years of relevant experience and / or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge and operational understanding of Cybersecurity Laws and regulations in both the U.S. and abroad impacting data protection and the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data including NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) NIST SP 800-181, NIST Special Publication 800-171 (DFARS), NIST Special Publication 800-53, ISO 27001, GDPR, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate technical security information and concepts into easily understood terms to educate non-technical personnel.
- Strategic mindset and demonstrated ability to understand leadership’s long term visions and articulate such into the development of near term training and awareness learning plans to achieve strategic goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism to foster collaboration, increased awareness and promote a cybersecurity savvy workforce.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and relationships with organizational entities outside of CIS
- Direct experience with building, planning, managing and continuously improving a large-scale cybersecurity awareness and training program for an organization.
-Significant experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners
-Experience in curriculum design and development
-Experience teaching IT training programs
-Experience teaching distance learning courses via video teleconferencing
-Certification in Cybersecurity Training
- -Certification(s): Certified Expert Cyber Trainer (CECT), or Certified Technical Trainer (CompTIA), CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) certification, Certified EC-Council Instructor (CEI) certification, (or equivalent), and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Federal Information Technology Specialist Manager or Auditor (FITSP-M or A)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.