Leidos is seeking a System Integration & Test Engineer who will be part of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
- Technical leadership and guidance to the System Engineering team working on TBFM
- Provide technical oversight and milestone planning such as task sequencing for deadlines and milestones
- Senior level team member involved with optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers.
- Developing and executing test procedures to verify requirements,
- Integrating new hardware and software into the system baseline,
- Up-leveling regression test procedures to check for new system behavior,
- Executing regression test procedures to evaluate system for regression of core capabilities,
- Developing scenarios,
- Writing/editing/executing/debugging test productivity tools and other duties as assigned,
- Analyzing identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions
- Requires Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Engineering and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in following a documented Integration and Test Development Process
- Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems including use of multiple GREP
- Strong integration skills
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Java, Ada95 and C/C++
- Ability to script using Python, Perl or MATLAB
- Experience with running/debugging Virtual Machines
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.