Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
We are a full-service provider of airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions. We conduct full life cycle support – including air and ground ISR processing and integration and providing a 'tip-to-tail' solution for government agencies.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Quality Control Inspector. The Quality Control Inspector (QCI) activities include objectively evaluating the maintenance, preventative maintenance, rebuilding and alteration performed during all phases of work. The QCI will also perform parts receiving and inspection procedures. The Quality Control Inspector reports to the Quality Control Manager (QCM):
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for inspecting aircraft maintenance, modifications and alterations.
- Will be responsible to perform in-process and final inspections for assigned tasks.
- Will be familiar with inspection methods, techniques, aids, tools and equipment used within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Will be responsible to ensure current applicable technical data is used for the assigned task.
- Will follow specialized technical drawings and illustrations during the course of inspections.
- Will have the necessary skills to use specialized calibrated tools and measuring equipment in the course of assigned tasks.
- Will be able to understanding the current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations, and procedures established by the manufacturer of the article(s) being inspected.
- Have ability to maintain accurate aircraft, engine, propeller, component logs and other records pertinent to airworthiness.
- Perform all oversight inspections necessary to ensure the applicable record documentation is properly completed.
- Ability to:
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work in confined areas in a kneeling or crouched position
- Lift, balance and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars as well as exterior in year round weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and four (4) of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Will be able to interpret drawings and engineering orders during inspection of individual parts made locally and off-site to ensure items meet specifications.
- Be able to read and understand installation instructions, drawings and other material related to STC based alterations.
- Have understanding of FAA regulations 43, 91, 145 and use of FAA form 337. Previous hands on sheet metal repair and modification experience is considered a plus.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) desirable but not a requirement at this time, must be willing to obtain IA if future requirements change.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate required, IA preferred but not required. Minimum 5 years’ aircraft maintenance and/or inspection experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Background in sheet metal, airframe, interior fabrication and modifications
- Active Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aviation Quality Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.