The Senior Software Engineer will work individually and in a collaborative agile team-focused environment. Individual will prototype, design, develop and integrate unique solutions to hard problems. Individual will lead parts of software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. Senior Software Engineer will assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
Senior Software Engineer will:
- Interact with software system engineers and technical team leads to rapidly learn a complex operational system, its subsystems, and components to positively contribute to development;
- Determine and communicate system requirements and capabilities in furtherance of the customer’s mission;
- Design, develop and document modular, readable, and maintainable solutions to hard problems;
- Champion and implement advanced software development practices in an Agile environment;
- Recommend and lead changes to development and systems integration that will increase efficiency and development effectiveness.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; if no degree, equivalent experience in software engineering;
- 10+ years of verifiable experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-sized software systems and components;
- Five+ years of experience developing in Java;
- Five+ years verifiable experience creating software with two or more of the following technologies:
- Angular/Oracle PL/SQL or database design
- Five+ years of experience working with two or more of the following:
- CentOS or RedHat Server
- Oracle 11g/12c
- Windows 7/10,
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written media to describe the strengths and weaknesses of software designs and the implementations of those designs;
- Knowledge of Linux operating system (centOS or RedHat desired) and at least two application, messaging, or web server systems.
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems.
- Senior to expert level knowledge in Oracle database development.
- Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge of networking technologies from the programmer’s perspective.
- Experience developing with GWT (Google Web Toolkit)
- Ability to create and read Bash scripts
- Experience with PKI and SSL from the programmer’s perspective
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.