The Network Engineer position is in direct support of the enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team responsible for a very large and complex network infrastructure. The position requires an up-to-date knowledge in network engineering, with the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments. The candidate is expected to provide network administration (i.e. switch/router installation and configuration), crypto support, patching (i.e. 3rd party apps, desktop, and server), and have monitoring experience (i.e. SCOM and SolarWinds). The candidate will also need to have a basic understanding of virtual server configuration regarding high availability, cluster nodes, Hyper-V, and standalone.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide Active Directory, Server/Destktop, and Thin Client support
- Maintain the network hardware and software and monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users;
- Perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Perform installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of Network Engineering experience with increasingly complex responsibilities during the time period;
- Must have demonstrated experience with backup technologies like NetApp and Data Protection Management (DPM)
- 1+ year of Juniper experience;
- 1+ years of experience coding in scripting languages (, Python, and/or PowerShell) and Java
- Demonstrated experience with the operation of Cisco network switches, routers, IOS commands, Juniper firewalls, etc.
- Occasional OCONUS and CONUS travel to sites for installation and maintenance
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required for this position
- Experience Azure
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification;
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.