The Leidos AIE team has an openings for Software Technicians in our Enterprise Data Center (EDC) Software applications Team and in our Fielding Integration and Build team. These openings support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of ACS for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
Responsible for performing tasks relating to HBSS, WSUS and Hawkeye applications, including definition, design, structure, documentation, upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Duties may include entering and reviewing data within the application, ensuring user data integrity, maintaining support tools, configurations, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. The EDC SW Techs are responsible for applications hosted/ located in our milCloud 2.0 instance. The Fielding Team Installation and build SW Techs are responsible for software images, builds and configurations for installations to be fielded.
Primary duties include:
- Design, build, configuration, documentation and operational support for HBSS, WSUS, Hawkeye, ACAS, Splunk EDC Software Applications supporting AIE.
- Image creation, loading, integration, Configuration, development and troubleshooting related to the build of systems in our Edgewood MD facility that are being deployed to the field.
- Develop installation process plans and settings for site specific work related to the installations database
- Work with testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed systems to ensure proper operation. Perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Perform the integration of system and software as required.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience to include experience and knowledge of software applications, loading, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in engineering, IFSM, or computer networks are desired.
- Additional work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Requires the ability to travel to Army installations 30% of the time.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Microsoft related certifications and product certifications in Splunk, HBSS and A+ desired but not required.
- These positions are “hands-on” positions requiring access to the Enterprise Data Center via VPN access or at our Integration center in Edgewood MD.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.