The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program, which provides Sustainment, Maintenance, Problem and Change Management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP, Transport and Unified Capabilities (UC) networks in Hill AFB, UT. This position will have a heavy focus on Unified Capabilities Video Services provided to DoD customers globally.
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications
- Perform various complex software development tasks.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities.
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day tasks with minimal support
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 – 8 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Currently possess DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting. Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks.
- Some experience with Video protocols SIP and H323
- Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, ITIL, etc..
- Experience with H.323 Gatekeeper Protocol Configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with DISA Unified Capabilities (UC) and Global Video Services (GVS)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Vidyo and Polycom VTC equipment and infrastructures.
- Thorough understanding of H.323 IP VTC Vidyo-based platforms and protocols required to support VTC technology.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.