No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos is seeking a Senior (Chief) Solutions Architect in Reston, VA, to support the Transportation and Border Security Solutions.
Act as our focal point in growing technical talent (2 direct report Jr. Solutions Architects) and have a strong role in supporting ongoing contracts, as well as leadership in pursuit of new business. Work to build and refine capabilities for IT Managed services, including Agile software development, networking, datacenter/hosting, cloud services, and other managed services across ongoing contracts, provide leadership in pursuit of IT modernization new business, and identify key gaps to address through partnership or new capability development.
• Establish Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches for IT Managed Services and IT modernization capabilities including Agile SecDevOps Software Development, Network Services, Compute/Hosting Services, Cloud Services, and other modern technologies
• Participate and propose R&D and solution development efforts related to IT automation, AI/ML/RPA, and other modernization technologies
• Work with the program teams, Division leadership, and CTO organization to identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities and broad Leidos contribution in mission attainment resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
• Support across business lines and programs to identify how programs can be strengthened with application of technology and/or innovation.
• Assess and mentor the technical talent and junior solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges. Network to help Division maintain a list of top technical talent performing on contracts to target providing rotational growth assignments, educational opportunities, and mentorship to create strong growing team of ready-now technical resources to support the expected increased technical needs of the business.
• Work in partnership with Business Development staff to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
• Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions and industry relationships via new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and the Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities.
• Mentor junior solution architect leads on proposals and support all aspects of proposal reviews per the Win Plan.
• Work with peer Operations teams, Operations CTO, and other Leidos Groups to understand where Leidos can leverage technical solutions on current programs and new business pursuits.
• Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of experience. Strongly prefer a graduate degree in technical area.
• Strong Technical breadth and depth in support of the government markets and in particular in government software development and operations as well as IT services design, implementation, operations, and modernization.
•Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical lead and customer relationship building in the performance and growth of contracts. Capable of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs.
•Deep industry relationships with leading capabilities providers to enhance our solutions offerings and close gaps in offerings yielding competitive technical solutions.
•Experienced solution architect, sales engineer, and/or technical volume lead on captures and proposals. Understands competitor/teammate technology offerings and has worked successful partnerships with suppliers on proposals.
•Ability to assess, identify, recruit and retain talent to grow technical expertise on current programs and build talent for future program proposals and execution in a large organization. Person must be able to work in collaboration across the corporation and with other internal CTOs leveraging contacts to obtain in-house skills when available and provide rotational opportunities for key technical resources to continue technology exchange and enhancements.
IT Technology (in particular Cloud architecture, SaaS/PaaS platforms, SecDevOps, and/or Agile)
Experience migrating customers to managed services and as a Service (XaaS) solutions
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.