The Security & Transportation Technology Business Unit has an opening for a Field Service Technician in support of sustainment contracts for mission critical Reveal, Reduced Size Explosive Detection Systems (RSEDS), Vehicle and Cargo Inspection Systems (VACIS) and Exploranium, Radiation Portal Monitor (RPM) systems in support of customers like Transportation Security Administration (TSA), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and U.S. Dept. of Energy (DOE) and national laboratories.
Locations of work will vary between domestic and international job sites to include airports, land ports & sea ports of entry and government test facilities or other commercial sites to install and support system deployment and equipment upgrade activities. Travel commitment is 75 – 100% of the time.
Selected candidate will provide field service support tasks to include;
- equipment installations
- equipment technical refresh projects/system upgrades
- equipment relocations
- software upgrades
- equipment decommissions
- system testing using established procedures and witnessed by government and commercial customers
- completion and submittal of equipment specific test plans
- strong motivational, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work accurately and with attention to detail in a Field Service environment
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, system manuals and technical directives for troubleshooting purposes.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong interpersonal and cooperative skills to be able to work within a team environment
- The candidates must be physically able to lift, carry & transport heavy equipment up to 50lbs, climb ladders and work at heights above 15’ using mobile elevated work platforms (MEWP).
- provide routine status updates by email to keep management apprised of job completion status and potential issues.
- Provide completion documentation following completion of the job
- capable of learning our inventory management system (costpoint) to query products Bills of Material and look up part numbers to be ordered.
- High School diploma with 2+ years’ experience. Associates Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) background
- Must have a valid state driver’s license to support domestic travel
- Must be able to obtain a US Passport in order to support OCONUS travel
- Experience with MS Office, Windows XP/7/10, E-mail applications (Outlook), Intel-based PCs and network data communications equipment.
- Candidate must be able to work well with a wide variety of end users (novice to experienced), have a good demeanor, and excellent communications skills.
- Candidate will present themselves in a professional manner at all times while on the job site.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.