Leidos Inc., has an exciting opportunity for a Remediation Engineer. The Remediation Engineer will work with project teams under the supervision of Program Managers. The Remediation Engineer will provide office and field support for a full scope of environmental services including assessment, remediation, optimization, operation & maintenance, and monitoring at sites impacted by various contaminants in soil, sediment, and groundwater. Projects include in-situ bioremediation and chemical oxidation design and implementation, remediation system optimization, construction specifications, remediation system maintenance and operation, pilot testing, site restoration, and injection/extraction well installation and abandonment.
This opportunity allows for telecommuting with up to 25% travel possible.
Field support includes site visits/studies, groundwater and remediation system monitoring, and subcontractor supervision. Office support includes developing plans and specifications, permitting, writing reports, work plans, and other project and client documents. Responsibilities include review and analysis of engineering, hydrogeological, and chemical data to identify contaminant trends or patterns based on analysis, summarize findings and conclusions of the data analysis. The role also includes evaluation of remedial alternatives, selection of remedial actions, remedial design, and construction oversight. The candidate will support the development of CERCLA and RCRA planning and reporting documents. Additional duties include coordinating technical documents through various stages of document generation and production, and communicating effectively with the document team plus completing the document within the designated schedule.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (chemical, environmental, or civil) with 6+ years experience in environmental consulting or Masters degree (or higher) in Engineering (chemical, environmental, or civil) with 4+ years experience in environmental consulting.
- PE exam or be able to acquire PE within 12 months of employment.
- Experience in remediation design for treatment of contaminants including: petroleum hydrocarbons, chlorinated solvents, metals, pesticides, explosives, PFAS, and PCBs.
- Experience with and knowledge of in-situ and ex-situ remediation system design, including bioaugmentation, reductive dechlorination, chemical oxidation, cometabolism, groundwater recirculation, and enhanced air-sparging/soil-vapor extraction.
- Ability to work independently, adapt to a changing work environment, strong problem solving skills, solid communication skills, and self-motivated.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products is required.
- Candidate will be required to obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel. Must have current OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (e.g., ability to perform fieldwork at hazardous waste sites).
- Strong familiarity with site characterization, data-requirements, and compliance with state and federal regulations as they pertain to remedial design (desired).
- Proficiency in field documentation, technical report writing, budgeting, and analysis skills (desired).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Eng
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.