The successful candidate shall work as a Materials Planner for a hardware-production and integration facility supporting DoD customers. The candidate shall be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing the movement of material from receipt the warehouse to production. Duties include:
- Develop raw material and schedule requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules
- Analyze procurement quotes and analysis
- Enter purchase requisitions in MRP system
- Execute purchase-card (P-Card) procurements
- Coordinate work in process (WIP) procurement plans
- Obtain materials delivery status from suppliers – perform expeditor role
- Process non-conforming (NC) materials and vendor returns
- Plan and manage material movement though purchasing, warehouse, and production departments
- Perform warehouse activities as directed
The candidate must possess understanding and working knowledge of ISO certification, Quality Management, and Configuration Management (CM) within a hardware production facility. Collateral duties includes: control and print UID product tags, and maintain the associated UID database, review and edit departmental process and work forms, and other activities as directed. The candidate must effectively interface with all levels of internal staff including engineering, program management, procurement, and external suppliers.
Requirements (Education /Years of Experience/Skill Sets – both technical & soft skill):
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 3 years direct experience in a hardware production environment performing similar functions described above
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Strong communication and analytical skills required
- Ability to manage many activities and projects in parallel
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work through issues with all levels of team members
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel required
- Familiarity with MRP systems, preferably Costpoint, is required
- Comprehensive understanding of requirements planning and forecasting methods is desirable
- Foundational understanding of ISO, QA, and CM is required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Active Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.