Leidos Corporate has a career opening for a Senior Proposal Writer located in Rockville, MD.
The job of the Senior Proposal Writer is to interpret customer requirements and work with SME’s to write clear, concise, and compliant responses to RFP requirements, as well as lead volume responses. Proposal writing assignments may include white papers, proposal content such as management plans, technical content and solutions, past performance and corporate experience, staffing plans, resumes, oral/video proposal presentations, and marketing material for on-contract growth or new business pursuits. The selected candidate will support high priority opportunities across a wide range of customers, missions and solutions. In this role, the candidate will lead and/or participate in win strategy and solution development and then assist teams in developing supporting strategies/approaches, win themes, differentiators, and other key elements that comprise winning proposals. The candidate will also support teams in the development of key capture/proposal graphics or CONOPs to illustrate the proposed solution. The candidate should have a working knowledge in key technical areas that align with Leidos’ technical competencies such as Cyber, Enterprise IT, O&M, Agile Development, etc. The candidate will work with capture teams early in the capture process to understand the customer and program, distill requirements and formulate compelling technical solutions and win strategies. This candidate would join a fast-paced and highly talented team that is focused on winning new business for the company.
- A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solutions architects, subject matter experts, and executive leadership to capture key concepts and ideas while maintaining consistency in messaging and strategy through the use of proper tone/voice.
- This individual will be responsible for the successful execution of the Leidos Capture Process (Win Plan) and compliant delivery of capture related products that include proposals, ECPs, ENs, FPR’s, etc.
- Assignments will include, but are not limited to, the development of Management Volumes, Technical Volumes, Past Performance Volumes, Corporate Experience Volumes, Executive Summaries, Staffing Plans, Resumes, Oral Proposal Presentations, and Video Proposal Presentations.
- The selected candidate may lead and/or support the development of win strategies, solutions and win themes in a collaborative environment with diverse participants for corporate priority opportunities, as well as collaborate with capture teams to further refine and enhance solutions, strategies and approaches throughout the capture process
- Mentor BD professionals in the development of their skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 11+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Expert Level Technical/Proposal writer with Business Development and Competitive Proposal experience.
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
- The successful candidate will be able to join new projects quickly and work effectively with a diverse and dispersed group of people.
- Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Evidence of experience developing compelling strategies, win themes, discriminators, etc., for large programs
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to support proposal efforts, primarily in the Washington DC metro, as needed.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI, if required
- Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Processes.
- Knowledge of Leidos Win Plan.
- Extensive experience leading the development of complex technical solutions for large Federal programs.
- Extensive experience in proposal development as volume lead, solution architect and/or writer for both written and orals proposals.
- Ability to understand complex and sometimes disparate ideas, identify common threads, and develop clear and concise messages.
- Ability to lead diverse teams and reconcile opposing points of view.
- Technical knowledge, or ability to quickly grasp unfamiliar technical concepts.
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.