Job Description:Our Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for an IT Specialist at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.
The IT Specialist will provide IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems.
- Perform, or review, technical Cybersecurity assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
- Validate and verify system security requirements
- Assist in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Documenting system or network diagram that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
- Support the Government in the implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- General support: Provide general SCIF support commensurate to all other permanent SCIF users. Escort IT support personnel that may be required access to the SCIF for inspection, repair, maintenance, or replacement of IT equipment
- Equipment Tracking and Refresh: Build and/or update equipment trackers for AMC SCIF locations to include data for use in budget planning and life cycle refresh/replacement.
- Assist in soliciting AMC headquarters and subordinate G2 personnel for IT needs, compile input and make recommendations to the TTM or Government IT representative. Build and recommend IT life cycle refresh/replacement plans for all JWICS IT equipment across AMC and will research and recommend equipment to meet requirements
- High School Diploma with 6+ years, Associate with 4+ years or Bachelor's degree with 2+ year of related experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus; able to effectively interact with a diverse customer base and various IT experts on a daily basis.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 IA certification at IAT II: Security + ce
- Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- 25% Travel Required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.