Leidos is seeking a senior level System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD.
This role requires an individual that is technical, customer oriented and familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software. This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. Role requires excellent oral and written communication skills. This role is responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return, troubleshoot in Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX desktop operating systems (think or virtualized clients) imaging, desktop applications, user profiles, and general system problems. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence. Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Experience with interacting with customers, senior managers, and customers, to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems and provide recommended solutions.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Design, develop and document solutions to complex active directory and windows technical issues.
- Backup for Server Team support.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Support operations across multiple geographic locations.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Work independently as part of a virtual team
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Experience with Tier 2 system administration
- Experience with Scripting/Automation
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Time management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Experience with support ticket management systems
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.