Leidos is seeking a Government Affairs Director to handle national security issues for their Washington, D.C. team.
The Government Affairs Director for National Security will maximize Leidos’ positive reputation among stakeholders and advocate for Leidos priorities on Capitol Hill. The candidate will help develop and execute congressional strategies for advancing programs, policies and positions of importance to the defense and intelligence business. As part of an experienced team, the Director report to the Vice President of Government Affairs and will analyze legislation, draft positions papers and legislative summaries and perform budget analysis.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key Congressional Members and staff particularly within the defense and intelligence Committees, as well as industry
- Uphold a reputation as a trusted, credible source of information among congressional members and staff and other key stakeholders
- Provide in-depth legislative and budget analysis
- Develop strategies and tactics to guide and defend Leidos programs and initiatives through the congressional budget process
- Work collaboratively with the lines of business to deepen internal partnerships and provide proactive legislative insight and support
- Monitor and maintain information on legislation, policy, budget and lobbying efforts
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 15+ years of overall experience including 8+ years of related legislative and executive branch and/or lobbying experience. Congressional experience is required.
- Experience managing, budgeting, lobbying or otherwise handling national security issues
- Command of the legislative processes and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with elected officials and industry partners.
- Strong verbal, communication, research and excellent written skills with the ability to prepare policy documents.
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial and able to navigate ambiguity and complexity while developing successful solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and engage comfortably with senior executives; highly skilled in the use of persuasion and influence.
- Organized and self-motivated, strong project management skills in order to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously from beginning to end within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- DOD Top Secret clearance required. SCI clearance preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Regulatory Affairs
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.