Leidos is seeking a Material Planner supporting the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) in Centennial, CO. The successful candidate will work directly with management to complete the submission of material quotes and track purchase requests.
Responsible for the placement of ASC purchase orders and monitoring of such orders. Responsible for negotiating competitive bids in accordance with FAR and other applicable regulations, cost-accounting standards and, in general, timely procurement action in response to seasonal workload fluctuations. Responsible for operating a computerized purchasing system, maintenance of supplier/source data, purchase requisition/request/orders and information tracking. Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing. This includes, but is not limited to, staff meetings, job requirements, division metrics, projects, Quality Standard Procedures, and safety practices.
- Ensure the use the automated systems, follow procurement processes, and comply with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Ensure timely placement of orders to ensure required on-site dates are fully met
- Reconcile pcard charges on bank site charges biweekly
- Work with Finance Department to ensure accurate updating of transactions
- Monitor PRs going to Leidos Costpoint
- Monitor PRs in Costpoint for activity, contacting Leidos Procurement Management to resolve issues as necessary
- Monitor PRs in Maximo, ensuring timely routings through approvals, contacting assignees if there are issues
- Create PRs for Subcontract Labor POs
- Identify opportunities to improve Data Integrity, initiate or recommend solutions to these opportunities, verify and control the implementation.
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years' experience. An additional 4 years' relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated operational planning experience in supporting Program Management and or Material Support Office is desired.
- Successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and an excellent working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Resource Planning (MRP) is a plus.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance, if requested by the customer.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.