Leidos is seeking a Field Engineer to design, install, verify, and troubleshoot software and hardware across multiple customer systems. Must be able to remotely install applications per user requirements as they are received. Will need to work with users and train them on how to use new products after installation. Must also possess systems administration skills in order to configure system per user requirements.
- Configuration of baseline hardware including desktops, printers, VoIP’s, VTC’s and peripherals
- Travel to customer locations to perform installation and/or modifications to existing network production environments. Note that due to the single-threaded nature of network installation activities, any failure on installation activities while on travel could jeopardize overall project success.
- Modify existing active directory structure to incorporate new requirements including:
- Verification testing to ensure end user has full network functionality; ability to document and demonstrate that a technical implementation satisfies customer requirements
- On-site troubleshooting of IT systems to diagnose and resolve problems with equipment residing on the network. Employs techniques of fault isolation and error reproduction in order to resolve issues while on-site. Failure to resolve problems on-site would jeopardize project success.
- Makes recommendations and contributes knowledge to maintain and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Install operating systems and applications on all hardware platforms per user requirements. In the absence of user requirements, takes appropriate step to research, prototype, test, and document the technical process necessary in order to install applications
- Support site expansions working collaboratively with Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to install new desktop equipment or perform recaps/upgrades to existing equipment.
- Baseline documentation will need to be created or updated to reflect new deliverables within the constraints of programmatic Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines
- BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
- Windows 10 administration experience
- Experience configuring and deploying desktop equipment and peripherals
- Ability to perform basic system design and implement accordingly
- Experience using a ticketing and incident management systems
- Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM
- Excellent written and communication skills required; excellent customer service aptitude
- Willingness to travel
- Must be available for on-call support as required
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects
- Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- Possess and maintain one of the following certifications: MTA-IT, A +, Network +, or Security +
- Configuring and installing networking equipment
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.