Leidos is hiring an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to provide security engineering support for critical US army and intelligence community cloud initiatives. Position can be located at Charlottesville, VA or Alexandria, VA. Some telecommuting/remote work on an occasional/coordinated basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for achieving objectives for assigned on-premises and cloud based systems: Candidates must have an active TS/SCI and have minimum certification of Security+ to qualify.
- Maintain the authorization status of assigned DoD information systems in compliance with ICD 503 RMF requirements and other prevailing organizational cyber security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Support of the design, development, integration, testing, implementation, deployment and operations & maintenance (O&M) of assigned systems.
- Automate system security testing and continuous monitoring.
- Provide subject matter expertise for security engineering, configuration control and other topics as needed.
- Participate in risk assessment during the assessment and authorization process.
- Conduct assessment & authorization preparation activities
- Conduct continuous monitoring activities such as managing ACAS workflows and STIG/SRG workflows.
- Develop/maintain security documentation for information systems such as System Security Plan, CONOPS, POAM, and other periodic status reports.
- Coordinate and participate with identified service providers for support of assigned systems.
- DoD 8570 certification required; minimum certification is Security+ CE.
- Current DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelors of Science degree and 8 – 12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework for DoD 8500.2, ICD-503, and NIST 800-53 Security Controls mappings
- Familiarity with DoD STIG/SRG processing
- Familiarity with XACTA 360 and/or EMASS and the accreditation process workflows within.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.