The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an exciting opening for a Software Test Engineer, BAT-A (Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army) with a DoD Secret clearance, located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. You will support the CECOM Software Engineering Center contract performing Transition and Post Production Software Sustainment for the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) system.
In this role, you will report to the Leidos BAT-A Technical Lead at the BAT-A Software Engineering Environment in APG, MD. You will perform computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Expertise in testing military software applications and operating systems is required.
-Test software applications and operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental test procedures and test plans for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Ability to debug and review software source code for software applications, and operating systems written in Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and emulators;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
Basic Job Qualifications:
-A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Electronics Engineering, or any other Scientific, or Technical discipline with 5+ years of demonstrated experience in software and test engineering
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Must have experience writing, interpreting, and executing test procedures, test plans, system requirements specifications, and software requirements
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of experience debugging and reviewing software source code for software applications, and operating systems written in one of the following; Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, or XML
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Experience performing software coding with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, or XML
- Experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Interest in, or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, Sensor and Surveillance Systems, or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, and/or in a team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.