Leidos has multiple openings for a Computer Programmer Jr. to work in our Atlanta, GA and Ft. Collins, CO office in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Collaborates with program managers, technical leads, development team on the requirement elicitation, and documentation and acceptance criteria in fast-paced agile environment.
Work with customer to refine, groom and prioritize issue backlog.
Work with development teams to flesh out technical and QA requirements.
Continuously monitor, identify risks and risk mitigations
Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas.
Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Adhere to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Design, code, and test software
- Trouble shoot software errors and technical issues in development, QA, and production environments
- Produce relevant architectural and technical artifacts
- Basic Qualifications
- Proficiency with web application technologies
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Good understanding of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with JavasScript, C# .Net, SQL Server, and other Microsoft development tools
Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Preferred Candidates with a subset of the Qualifications below:
Experience using Java
Working experience with GIS such as ArcGIS, ArcSDE, Google Map and any spatial database related software
Experience in writing database stored procedures
Working knowledge of reporting tools
Experience working in agile Scrum environment
Experience working with Web Content Management System (WCSM)
Knowledge of SecDevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practice and tools
Development experience in the cloud environment – AWS, Azure, or Google
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.