Seeking a Project Manager to perform day-to-day management of IT related projects, develop long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements are met and possess a strong technical understanding of managing IT projects. The successful candidate will provide support for transition of IT projects from tier-3/engineering to tier-1 and tier-2 operations.
Typical duties include:
- Cognizance of new IT engineering requirements across the organization with specific focus on future impact for operations and maintenance
- Monitor and track IT project progress across many program and portfolios via multiple tools and through frequent communication with project managers and stakeholders, keying in on service transition planning
- Promote awareness of O&M requirements and help define new process to facilitate the smooth transition of systems from engineering to operations
- Assess/predict operational impact of requirements from a staffing, training, financial and scheduling perspective
- Frequent attendance at meetings to capture evolving mission strategy across the organization and relay pertinent information up the chain
- Provide project management for periodic operations and maintenance projects
- Review projects artifacts and validate the O&M acceptance criteria have been met
- Provide options/recommendations to staff management for improvements and issue resolution related to ongoing O&M and transition of tier-3/engineering projects
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology Management or technical discipline with related industry experience in software engineering, systems engineering, or network engineering.
- 12+ years as a Project Manager managing technical projects in a customer's environment
- Experience managing projects using the customer’s Project Management Framework (PMF)
- Must have a strong and proven background in software development
- Proven experience coordinating and synchronizing a number of IT projects, developing and maintaining a master schedule and preparing senior management communication briefs.
- Experience managing multiple software projects
- Proven experience leading teams and working across organizational boundaries to meet mission requirements
- Proven experience briefing senior leadership
- Experience utilizing MS Office products (i.e Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proven experience streamlining processes and procedures
- Proven experience managing projects within schedule, scope and cost
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.