Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) within the Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) of Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Structural Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Perform static, linear structural analysis for modifications to FAR Part 23 and Part 25 aircraft
- Analyze metals, non-metallic, and composite structures using both Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and classical hand calculation methodology
- Write structural test plans, test reports, and structural reports
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) design/drafting
- Check and approve analyses and drawings of other engineers
- Review and approve deviation request and non-conformance reports
- Providing technical inputs to mechanical designs during all phases of the design
- Responsible for analysis and feedback multiple design projects simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet cost, schedule, and quality objectives
- Present analysis assumptions and results during internal and external design reviews
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of prior relevant experience; or Masters with less than two (2) years of prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with FEA and CAD software
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, and standing
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a minimum of Secret clearance
- Proficient knowledge of FEMAP and SolidWorks
- CFD, damage tolerance, vibration, fatigue, and/or thermal analysis experience
- Experience with Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED) and NAVAIR requirements
- Active Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations