Leidos is seeking a Software Test Engineer who will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as web applications, websites, charts, maps, reports and databases. The testing will include both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is expected to lead and drive test automation effort. Candidate may also participate in test tool evaluations, creating automation metrics and ROI as well as training other testers for test automation. The candidate will be working with a team of automation engineers.
The candidate should be able to write test plans and think of testing strategy for each release.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Promotes and trains on continuous testing/ agile test strategies and DevOps
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms (mobile, IoT, cloud) and with an emphasis on automation
- Design and implement strategy to execute automated tests daily on test environment, monitoring automated test results and reporting defects.
- Design and implement strategy to keep automated tests up to date.
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Holding test case reviews with stakeholders to identify automation candidates.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
- Using metrics in quantitative project management concept to identify areas for improvement.
- Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy and test automation.
- Helps other testers in adopting test automation.
- Participates in test evaluation process.
- Coordinates all automation activities with the automation team and the program test lead.
- Works with CI/CD and DevOps team to coordinate test automation strategy with our DevOps strategy.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- At least 8 years of experience performing as a software tester
- At least 5 years of experience with test automation.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with drafting test processes and test strategies.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with mentoring and training team members
- Experience with gathering metrics, monitoring and analyzing them.
- Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development
- Experience using test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Katalon Studio, Subject-7, UFT
- Experience in using JIRA, Git/ Bitbucket
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card Holder) is required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services badge
- ISTQB certified tester
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Working knowledge of the OWASP Top 10, test approaches and tools
- Experience incorporating security testing into agile frameworks
- Experience using VMware
- Experience with 508 compliance testing
- Experience working in public health and federal contracting
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.