Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Systems Administrator (SA) residing at a customer facility in the Springfield, Virginia area. This independent candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related to a new and an existing network infrastructure. They will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, security systems and related procedures adhere to customer and commercial practices, enabling mission success. This position will provide a challenge to the candidate as they monitor multiple multi-user computer systems, set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system and security documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Additionally, this position requires the candidate to interact with peers and users evaluating vendor products, make recommendations gained thru your experience and demonstrated understanding of hardware and software to purchase, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery solutions. In order to be success candidates must have a working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of a technical domain as you develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
The appropriate candidate will be largely self-driven and ready to independently evaluate system environments to identify needed updates or patches, then execute needed maintenance or change requests. They will coordinate all changes with stakeholders and follow standard operating procedures, consistently. This individual will quickly raise-up any issues, blockers or concerns to help maximize system availability and lead time for any needed corrective actions. Additional daily activities may include:
- Ensure antivirus and patch levels are up to date for workstations, and servers.
- Respond to tickets for close support of analysts to include application, hardware and OS issues.
- Install, configure and Support anti-virus software from various manufactures
- Install, configure and support new and existing domains to include DNS, DHCP, AD, GPO, Exchange etc.
- Install, configure and support existing Buffalo NAS and new NetAP SAN and be able to migrate data
- Install, configure, support and edit existing and new web pages.
- Install, configure and support various operating systems including: Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 / 2016, Windows 7 / 10, VMWare ESXi, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 and CentOS 6 & 7 on physical and virtual machines.
- Responsible for all COTS software installation, setup and integration support.
- Install, configure and support Oracle, PostgreSQL and Access databases.
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN connectivity. Monitor Cisco router and ASA performance.
- Install and support other COTS products such as MS Office Professional 2016 with SharePoint and One Note, MATLAB, Caris Base Editor, Fledermaus, GeoMedia, ArcGIS, Tableau Professional and other specialized engineering applications.
- Install, configure and support various host based security monitoring systems.
- Support installation, configuration, updating, etc. Microsoft Exchange 2016 server running on a Microsoft Windows active directory domain.
- Install, configure and support various server roles including IIS.
- Install, configure and support various license managers including FlexLM, Caris specific and ESRI specific and others.
- Maintain system backups using COMMVAULT Complete Backup and Recovery.
- Stand up and Support disconnected Microsoft WSUS 3.0 Server for updating servers and workstations.
- Design/maintain MS Powershell scripts, unix/linux shell scripting and SQL for maintaining systems and gathering information.
- Support multiple Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2016 active directory domains.
- Support multiple Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 installations in virtual machines.
- Perform system admin functions as a result of new or current customer requests/requirements.
- Coordinate with the Development and Engineering teams to ensure production systems are operational and patches have been tested and are ready to be implemented.
- Provide & host antivirus updates through Linux Apache server.
- Performed server and workstation backups and create images for recovery purposes.
- Provide full lifecycle sustainment of Enterprise Cyber Defense Infrastructure in support of a Tier1/Tier2 CNDSP.
- Health/wellness monitoring of critical cyber defense applications, account management for analysts, backup/recovery, patching/upgrading and system configuration/setup.
- BA/BS Degree in related IT field (if no degree add 4 years of experience to this requirement)
- TS/SCI with Poly
- 12 years of experience being a system administrator
- Experience with Veritas and Symantec backup exec, testing and pushing patch software, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 installations
- Familiar with Support multiple Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2 Active Directory networks.
- Be able to install, configure and support various operating systems including: Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, Windows 7, VMWare ESXi, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 and CentOS 6 & 7.
- Certifications required: 8570 IAT II
- Security+ Certification- Preferred upon arrival. Must obtain within 6 months of arrival on program.
- Previous support to NGA and access to NGA systems
- Being a goal driven self-starter who is willing to continuously learn new things will guarantee success.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.