Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) within the Leidos Defense Group is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide support to the Senior Vice President (SVP) and ASO leadership team. This is a visible position in a fast-paced environment that demands a high degree of professionalism, polish, and organization. The candidate will perform a broad range of office management and administrative tasks. The work location for this position is Manassas, VA.
- Manage SVP’s calendar/schedule. The candidate will be expected to manage priorities with an understanding of which activities are most appropriate for the allocation of the SVP’s time.
- Research/Prepare correspondence, coordinate meeting logistics, prepare expense reports and coordinate travel, manage office supplies, coordinating/ordering new hire computer equipment, and other duties as assigned.
- Manage multiple and competing requirements with efficiency, attention to prioritization, detail orientation, and execution.
- Prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative, and tact.
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning ASO line organization, several functional areas, customers, and other outside entities.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- High school diploma and a minimum three (3) years of administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature at a senior level.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex executive meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Must possess an upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and relate well with both external and internal contacts at all levels. Must be able to work effectively with other administrative personnel across the enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resole complex issues.
- Familiarity with Leidos, government contracting industry
- Experience working in the aviation Industry
- Experience with Concur travel management and expenses, Prism, Deltek, Workday, and Skype
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance if necessary
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.