Leidos Health Group’s Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation has an opportunity for a Sr. Contracts Administrator to help support our NIH, US Army Medical Research Materiel Command and other health related agency contracts. Our candidate will have progressive experience providing cradle-to-grave contract administration support for FFP, CPFF and T&M government contracts including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development including the development of terms and conditions, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution.
- Responsible for the overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
- Work closely with the functional Team with the objective of becoming a trusted adviser by achieving day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Multi-task and prioritize work activities in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Frequently interact both orally and face to face with other contracts and procurement staff, functional peers, management and external and internal customers (including company executives).
- Lead the review and analysis of RFPs, prepare compliant and complete cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos’ interests during negotiations and contract administration.
- Identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Engage with capture and proposal team as an integrated team member supporting proposal development. Ensure proposal submission is timely and compliant.
- Full understanding of government contracting concepts, principles, and industry practices.
- Prior experience with Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Has the ability to support a high volume of complex work independently.
- Exhibits a high level of business acumen, and understands the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organization.
- Establishes strong positive relationships with senior customer/supplier leadership that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution.
- Demonstrates expert negotiation skills and uses them to maximize Leidos’ return and minimize our risk.
- Develops solutions to highly complex problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
- The ability to make sound business judgments and handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include well developed analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- We are looking for the following years of experience. Bachelors with 12-15 years of experience
Occasional travel will be required to customer site and other Leidos sites.
Experience with NIH, US Army Medical Research Materiel Command and other health related agency contracts.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.