The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Scientist with a focus area in analytic automation to work in St. Louis, MO on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
This position will support data and algorithm standardization, interoperability and integration efforts to achieve advanced modeling states to deliver modern accuracy and data resolution.
- Scientific validation and exploration of geophysical and photogrammetric near-real time modeling to support the development of a global, collaborative, 4D geoscience system and predictive modeling capability which enables the creation of actionable intelligence from complex scientific content to support DoD and NSG requirements.
- Document statistical protocols used to determine earth science parameters most significant for geoscientific modeling, and identify critical attribution for vegetation/land cover and soil moisture/material characteristics.
- Collect supportive metrics from quantitative analysis for metric data to enable automation of “massive” geophysical modeling – to include World Magnetic Model and gravity model data.
- Reporting and dissemination and other post-processing for the customer user interface and user experience in existing and concept end-to-end workflows;
- Scaling, speedup, performance testing and optimization;
- Develop investigation and validation approach, stand-up test environments, begin evaluating automation opportunities. Demonstrated semi-automated and automated improvements in geosciences .Expand to a greater set of features and multi-modality modeling, to include non-traditional source data.
- Bachelors with 12+ years directly related experience or Masters with 10+ years
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- Expertise in the digital (IT) foundation for the target development and demonstration platforms such as cloud, enterprise, Research Lab Environment systems, NDAAS, GPU acceleration, other desirable target platforms; accessing data and networks on these systems, getting new packages and software and hardware approved;
- Expertise in the digital data foundation for GEOINT mission threads and sources, data curation, and the methods;
- Expertise in software engineering, code development, system integration, machine learning, data warehousing, deep neural network models and frameworks, associated libraries and kernels, hardware instruction sets and performance tuning for specific hardware instruction sets;
- Geomatics domain knowledge, including feature and foundation data and intelligence data and sources and sensors and the analyst workflows associated with government-chosen mission threads;
- GEOINT domain knowledge, including feature and foundation data and intelligence data and sources and sensors and the analyst workflows associated with government-chosen mission threads
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.