Leidos has an opening for a Sustainment Analysis Services (SAS) Senior Program Manager located in Gaithersburg, MD. The SAS PM will be responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of program goals and objectives. Duties will include ensuring that all programs in the sustainment services portfolio run within scope, time, and budget constraints. The SAS PM will also interface with subcontractors, Leidos functional staff, and Leidos senior leadership.
- Primary interface with the SAS government customer – managing communication and program deliverables
- Influences development of solutions that affect strategic project/program/family goals and business results.
- Recommend and implement new solutions, processes, policies, standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
- Provide measurable input to new solutions, processes or standards in order to achieve functional/project objectives.
- Works to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Chair daily/weekly meetings related to program management and execution.
- Champion SAS agile sustainment processes
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 + years of prior relevant experience in program and project management and/or software development lifecycle; Or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI, with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- Ability to research and solve complex problems.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage complexity and priorities with many systems (12+) with issues and complex problems and understand priorities and customer/mission needs.
- Proven written and oral communications skills targeted at all levels of an organization.
- Strategic planning, looking ahead to the retirement and future posture of capabilities on the SAS program, and driving progress in that direction.
- Experience supporting business development and on-contract growth activities including responding to RFIs, RFPs, BOEs, and other customer acquisition requests.
- Significant experience with SAS government customer and mission applications
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with working in agile software development methodology.
- Experience with JIRA to manage issues and planning activities.
- Experience with Confluence.
- Significant experience with financial baseline planning and monitoring.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.