Leidos' Civil Division is seeking a Data Analyst in the Washington DC capital area. Fulfill the Internal Revenue Service requirement for a self-motivated and detail-oriented data analyst to provide effective and innovative data analysis and solutions.
To produce ad hoc analyses of data, analysis to support programmatic activities, and to provide expertise in managing and analyzing large and/or complex datasets. This project requires strong data analytic skills with knowledge of Routers, Switches, network topology.
Candidate must be:
Able to analyze network performance data from different sources to address/identify specific issues at the IRS environment. Sources include but are not limited to StatSeeker, eHealth, Netflow, AT&T reports, etc. Able to manipulate data from multiple sources to provide different types of reports to management Willing to review systems logs to identify relevant entries for outstanding issues Abel to make sound recommendations for site circuitry upgrades or downgrades based on statistical data analysis
- Expert knowledge with Excel formula, advance features like power pivot and power view
- Scripting knowledge like Power Shell, Python, etc.
- Basic database skills such as access queries
- Data extraction and Transformation
- At least 5 years’ Data Analyst experience
- Candidate must have the ability to work as part of an operations team and be able to support multiple tasks at the same time
- US Citizenship require-must be able to obtain and maintain an IRS government security clearance.
Optional, but desired:
- Data mining skills
- Experience working in a Network Operation Center (NOC) environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance
Education, Degrees, Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.