Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer in Kevil, KY. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for design and provides engineering guidance on the installation and configuration of software, software tools, applications, databases, and system access. Engineers and manages complex IT projects related to system functionality and enhanced capability, through advanced software configuration and upgrades. Creates organizational processes and documentation for the enterprise. Performs Independent analysis of Cyber Security vulnerabilities, compliance and audit preparation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during their “core” work hours. Overtime may be required as job demands.
Education & Certifications:
- Completion of a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university with emphasis in computer science AND three years directly applicable experience in areas listed in Essential Duties and Responsibilities OR Minimum of seven years equivalent experience with four or more of the technical categories listed below.
- VMware View, vCenter 6.5, vSphere 6.5
- Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam ONE, Disaster recovery/contingency planning
- Nutanix, SAN storage systems, Brocade FC switches, HPE Servers and Storage systems (3PAR, MSA)
- Microsoft Server Operating System (OS) (Server 2008 r2, Server 2012 r2, Server 2016)
- DFS Namespace and Replication, Print services, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Certificate Authority, SSL certificates, KMS licensing
- Exchange 2013, Skype for Business Server 2015, SharePoint 2016
- Microsoft System Center 2012, Patch management, OS deployments
- PRTG or WhatsUpGold monitoring solutions
- MCP, MCSE, VMware VCP preferred
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.