Leidos has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Junior Cyber Security Developer to become a member of the Cyber Security Team at our Kevil, KY office.
Under general supervision, The Junior Cyber Security Developer performs software quality assurance (SQA) software development and software quality assurance support for the Cyber Security team. Typical job duties are routine and require use of standard techniques and procedures.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
General and Administrative
- Responsible for development and maintenance of SQA associated system application(s) and support tools.
- Perform oversight of the SQA program and support implementation of Department of Energy (DOE) Order 414.1 D Quality Assurance requirements
- Support software owners in grading SQA requirements based on risk, safety, facility life-cycle, and complexity
- Develop, evaluate, review, or update training for personnel who use software and apply SQA requirements to software life-cycle phases
- Knowledge is based upon a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, principles, standard practices, techniques and methods applicable to both software security and quality assurance efforts.
- May perform surveillance and inspections in accordance to the applicable site or department procedure.
- Functions effectively in a team environment
- Meets task and project deadlines under stressful situations
- Other technical, cyber and general administrative duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or associated field preferred, with 2-4 years related experience; or
- Minimum of an AA/AS degree in Computer Science or associated field with 5-6 years related experience.
- Must have a strong software development background and sound understanding of software engineering principles and practices.
- Working knowledge and experience with Visual Studio, SQL Server, and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experienced with Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal/communication skills
- Knowledge of Windows systems
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of information classifications types a plus. (e.g., OUO, PII, ECI, FOIA, and, HIPAA)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at Q level
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.