The D3P project leadership needs an additional Deputy Program Task Manager who can assist the program management and technical staff with task management (schedule, technical assignment tracking, costs, and dependencies management) and provide task management updates/ reports at meetings with the customer. The successful candidate will also serve as a senior task lead in selected areas of emphasis such as User Focus/Outreach, Strategic Communications, and priority technical/task areas that will vary and evolve based on the overall program status and direction. These tasks will take place in the National Capital Region, primarily in Arlington and Reston, VA as well as Bethesda, MD.
Fun stuff on the job you will be doing:
- Will organize, in coordination with the Leidos Team members, the program tasks to accomplish the assigned requirements, goals, and deliverables
- Align the staff to accomplished the overall assigned goals and deliverables
- Manage the program with an emphasis on task management/tracking, deliverables, periodic project reporting/status updates, and equipment/materiel provisioning
- Prepare, review, revise and maintain assigned technical documents, usually developed as a team effort
- Interact with technical team members for content development of deliverables, briefings, and status reports
- Have daily interactions with other Leidos team and subcontractor team members related to meeting project goals
- Understand and use technical concepts, to include basic grammar concepts
- Organizes information from multiple sources and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to compliance standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree with 12 years of technical experience or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must have a TS/SCI and be able to obtain a Polygraph Security Clearance
- Experience in development and managing task requirements specifications, technical team formation and alignment, process-workflow manuals, and milestone reporting with interim and final deliverables/outcomes.
- Experience in writing contract deliverables per Data Item Descriptions
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to brief various audiences on status of projects, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and work with technical staff
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint) - Must be a team player, value collaboration and coordination, and be a good task manager.
Candidates with this experience and desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Domain knowledge (project management, general IT support systems, general data management) and understanding of general project decision-making (agile development methods, task-oriented activities) will have benefit for the overall project implementation and execution.
More about the Program:
The National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) mission is to ensure prompt and responsive DOMEX (Document Exploitation) support to meet the needs of intelligence, defense, homeland security, law enforcement, and other U.S. Government consumers. As an agile, earned-value management program, we need to ensure the provision of timely and accurate gathering, processing, exploitation of DOMEX information collected (i.e. data) and the dissemination of DOMEX intelligence information and products, while protecting intelligence sources and methods. A major project goal is to design, develop, deliver, and operate a DOMEX DATA Discovery Platform (including metadata and content) discoverable, retrievable by DOMEX worldwide consumers, and sharable with other systems, platforms, and applications.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.