Leidos Logistics and Mission Support Operation is seeking a Business Development / Capture Manager. The BD / CM is responsible for the opportunity sourcing and capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the Division growth strategy. On a day to day basis, he/she will need to review available databases and gather customer intelligence in multiple growth areas inclusive of Mission Services and Biometrics.
The BD / CM must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. Will routinely be assigned 2-3 large ($25M+) solicitation pursuits at various stages of capture at the same time. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a Capture Manager or supported large proposal efforts. Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post award. The performance is focused on hands-on support and development of key capture and proposal artifacts from start to finish.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related experience or Master’s degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Defense industry experience with extensive experience in biometrics, infrastructure protection, logistics, and mission services.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Have a proven track record of successful opportunity sourcing and capture management across multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition size
- Experience leading and winning $25M+ dollar contracts
- Experience leading teams in a virtual environment
- Technical writing and proposal development experience
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities to support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 25% annually as required.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
- A track record of leading and winning $50M+ dollar contracts
- Program management experience a plus
- Completed professional training in Capture Management
- Experience within Department of Defense either as a business development lead or capture manager
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.