Serve as a Quality Control Tester on our Federal Trade Commission program team in Gaithersburg, MD. The tester will write and execute detailed test plans and scripts, for innovative, high-performing cloud-based systems and applications, including mobile and desktop access, and multiple data tiers. Document system test results and create bugs in Jira as well as provide analysis of the bugs and results. Prepare comprehensive evaluation reports that verify and validate functional and non-functional system requirements. Track multiple test executions simultaneously and follow up on results.
The tester will ensure the program performance meets service level agreements, with proper change management and configuration management. The team engages in an Agile release environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines from project managers and client. Awareness with automating test scripts, including use of test automation frameworks such as Selenium, and collaborating with development engineers to devise automation strategies, test strategies and test cases.
The individual will assist the Project Manager in identification of risks, risk management and risk mitigation strategies to ensure a successfully tested application. Communicate with internal team members in a timely manner regarding test status and results. Willingness to learn new technologies, research solutions to new and complex challenges, share lessons learned, and collaborate with the team on projects.
- Proficiency in testing front-end web applications on desktop and mobile clients;
- Proficiency in writing queries for data validation;
- Proficiency in creating and searching for test cases and bugs as well as managing workflows;
- Proficiency in writing and executing effective and understandable test cases from user stories, test scenarios, requirements, meeting notes, and oral direction;
- Proficiency in clearly documenting test status, progress, results and completion estimates for developers, testers, management and client;
- Proficiency in clearly communicating test status, progress, results and completion estimates for developers, testers, management and client;
- Ability to test and validate user experience and functional design;
- Ability to write queries for data validation;
- Ability to test and validate site security and best practices;
- Ability to read and validate XML and JSON documents;
- Ability to test and verify functionability of RESTful APIs; and
- Ability to validate results from unit, load and stress testing.
- Two years writing and executing test planning and test cases, UAT, System Testing, regression testing, backend testing, and stress testing.
- Data testing, Business Intelligence, writing SQL queries and validating large quantity of data, and testing NoSQL and/or Couchbase systems.
- Experience with testing approaches and concepts, quality management, testing tools, software configuration management, version and change control procedures, issues management, and requirements analysis and documentation.
- Requires a Bachelors' degree in a related field and 3 to 5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu, of a Bachelor's degree 7+ years of experience may be considered.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.