Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. The Electronic Warfare Division of the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Senior Software Developer to support EW programs in Bowie, MD.
We are looking for hardworking, dedicated software professionals to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our team is responsible for creating and maintaining mission critical software systems for operational programs of national security interest. We are currently in need of top-notch developers to support these programs. Responsibilities include the development of new components (Java and C++) to support mission-based systems. In addition to new development, we support existing components to include the troubleshooting of fielded systems in operational environments.
• DOD SECRET Clearance with the most recent reinvestigation within the previous six years. The position provides the opportunity to upgrade to at TS.
• Our team is seeking smart, experienced engineers with a solid software development background who are familiar with agile development techniques. Experience with RF sensors is a plus.
• Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
• Assist in the maintenance and upgrade of existing software applications.
• Working with other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
• Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering and more than 8 years of applicable software design and development work experience.
• Demonstrated hands-on development experience with Java required, other programming languages such as C++ highly desired
• Experience working with Linux development (CentOS 6 and 7 preferred)
• Experience with common build tools and products such as Make & Autotools
• Experience with SVN for source code management
• Experience with Boost C++ Libraries, TCP/IP and UDP sockets
• Experience with producing software builds & releases using a combination of above-mentioned tool suites
• Experience with software lifecycle product development from requirements specification through design, implementation, and testing phases
• Ability to develop code in accordance with applicable requirements documentation
• Ability to analyze software systems, codes, and software modules to resolve issues with software functionality and/or performance
• Ability to support integration of, and transition to new hardware and software systems, and generate related documentation
• Basic understanding of Cyber Security as it relates to the Software Deployment Life Cycle
In addition to the required skill list above, the ideal candidate will have some level of familiarity with the following:
• Experience with common programming languages used in the management and configuration of build infrastructures such as Bash, Python, XML, etc.
• Scripting language experience such as Python or Perl
• REDHAWK operating system
• Experience with NVIDIA GPUs and CUDA Toolkit
• Experience with transport layer protocols, and networking
While familiarity is preferred, it is not required and the candidate will have the opportunity to branch into these areas during the course of their duties.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.