Leidos is seeking Storage Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role provides technical experience in storage engineering, administration, and operations. This role maintains enterprise storage infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage storage. This individual assists in the performance of risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, and appropriate documentation to ensure storage services are available according to established customer requirements.
- Design, install, configure, and conduct administration (load balancing), support, and maintenance of storage, including associated hardware, cloud resources, Linux, Unix, RedHat, Solaris, and Windows.
- Research and conduct updates to new technologies, tuning performance, allocating storage space, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches.
- Monitor health and availability of infrastructure applications and systems.
- Coordinate with Change Management and provide continued secure operations of data storage to operational service lanes.
- Build capacity management dashboards to provide visibility into enterprise storage use, health, resilience, and backup status, providing daily operational SA and planning information for enterprise storage replacement.
- Work independently, with little supervision.
- Support 24/7/365 operations.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Develop, implement and automation of storage with NetApps and Dell API.
- Develop, implement and automation for exchange and patching requirements.
- Experience applying storage management and administration expertise on multiple complex work assignments to include load monitoring, balancing, allocation of space and implementing patches.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks to include developing and/or maintaining capacity dashboards.
- Experience designing, installing, configuring, administering (load balancing), supporting, and maintaining of storage, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Expert knowledge of Linux, Unix, RedHat, Solaris, Windows, NetApps, PowerShell and Dell API.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
- Experience working independently in a 24/7/365 customer environment.
- Ability to mentor junior team members.
- Experience coordinating with and obtaining approvals from senior management and customers.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 4-8 years or a Master’s Degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- And active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.