The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Algorithm Developer / Data Scientist to work in Dayton, OH on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
- Work as a scientific algorithm developer in a fast–paced research and development team on EO/IR imagery systems addressing image collection, characterization and exploitation problems.
- Support informational briefings for educating scientists and managers on research outcomes and the impact on the mission.
- Facilitate technical interaction between two research organizations to promote collaboration and information sharing.
- Conductive selective analysis in order to gain a deeper understanding of existing R&D processes and procedures.
- Leverage technical skills applying remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems including: characterize existing and new sensor systems, develop new and improve data analysis techniques, propose collection strategies to address new signature development, develop approaches for signal enhancement and clutter suppression.
- Examples of potential projects include: extract weak signals and identify new signatures from noisy data, object detection and tracking, feature extraction and classification, signal processing, and radiometric analysis.
- Bachelors with 12+ years relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years
- Working experience with Matlab and/or Python scripting, infrared image science, signal processing, EO/IR systems.
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply them to meet research objectives is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.