Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established positions throughout the European theater supporting the CITS III program. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement ofAFRICOM’s mission objectives . Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Knowledge Management Software Developer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS and may require up to 100% business travel. You must also hold an active DOD Secret clearance.
AFRICOM's Knowledge Management and Collaboration division seeks to develop KM solutions using agile methodology embodying best UI/UX principles. In this role, you will:
- Work with the Scrum team to develop business process improvement software packages.
- Support and code client side and/or server-side applications in a development environment, test code for accuracy in pre-production, and ensure interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results within the production environment.
- Work with Scrum Master and technical writer to deliver necessary documentation and testing results.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Works in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrates experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to the development staff.
- Provides remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
Required Education and Qualifications
- BA/BS + 5 years or AA/AS + 7 years, orr a major cert + 9 years or 11 years of recent specialized experience
- Must hold and maintain active Secret Clearance
- Current MCPD certification
- Current CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- Demonstrated understanding of software development using Agile methodology.
- TESA eligibility
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Experience with AngularJS, Angular, TypeScript, Bootstrap, Node.js, Knockout, Handlebars.js, JSON
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Experience in a DevOps environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.