The Leidos Civil is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Aviation Lab Engineering Group.
This is an opportunity to join the leading provider of air traffic control systems guiding the world’s air traffic managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day.
The Lab Engineering Systems Engineer areas of responsibility include:
- Assist team in the creation of technical solutions that meet the requirements for Aviation system components used in development and testing environments including hardware/software products, system component integration, and system configurations.
- Create and manage scripting tools to in managing the Aviation lab baselines ensuring standard hardware/software/network components are optimized and operating per technical requirements.
- Assist with system installations, system configurations and on-going maintenance.
- Effectively respond and resolve to user technical issues ranging from user account help to more complex system debugging.
- Support problem troubleshooting and resolution, as well as root cause analysis. Support technical planning at the program and change control level.
- Extract requirements from customers and understand technical and business impact of those requirements.
- BS degree in a related discipline with 1+ year of professional experience. Entry Level
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, and software.
- Linux, Cloud and Virtualization experience
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to clearly explain lab system concepts and related problems.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented individual with well-developed communication skills
Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
RedHat, NetApp, VMware and AWS experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.