The UI/UX Specialist is primarily responsible for providing user experience support across various websites and applications. This position is also responsible for the appearance and content placement to maximize readability and findablity of the information from end users. The successful candidate will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively with clients to obtain and synthesize requirements.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic communications in persuading audiences to take desired action;
- Create wireframes that demonstrates that desired interaction and layout concepts;
- Create logical content categories that are aligned with enterprise taxonomies;
- Ability to create appealing graphical elements that conveys targeted message;
- Ability to analyze audience and develop user personas to represent targeted user population;
- Skilled in leveraging colors, fonts, and strategic layout concepts to produce desired outcomes;
- Ability to analyze user data to infer historical and future trends;
- Develop quantitative and qualitative surveys to gather information; and
- Ability to surface product requirements that aligns with mitigating user challenges and needs;
- Requires a BS and 3-5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communications skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.