Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The QRC AISR Division within the Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) of Leidos Defense Group currently has openings for Systems Engineers to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Will collect, maintain, organize, and compile technical data for the aircraft and sensor systems and lifecycle management of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) such as, but not limited to ACU6100-2, PRC-117F/G, PRC-152A, ARC-210, ARC-231, APX-119, APR-39, and VORTEX.
- Capable of providing preliminary solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- Familiar with and utilize the established configuration management, safety and quality assurance processes.
- Servicing of airborne imaging sensors and systems infrastructure, as well as, depot level assembly, integration and testing of components.
- Perform moderately complex duties in administering network and operating systems, including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting assigned devices and software
- Responsible for engineering support including: field maintenance of aircraft and ground station systems, research and development, design, building, assembling, modifying and/or repairing prototypes, and full lifecycle processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support for deployed locations.
- Assignments may be performed independently or as a small team lead and reported to supervisor or other more senior staff on a regular basis.
- This job may monitor, and otherwise assist lower level service technicians. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI.
- Hold a current CompTIA Security + certification or be able to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Troubleshooting proficiency is required.
- Basic understanding of IT principles and practices required
- Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations and willing and able to spend months at a time OCONUS performing field repairs and maintenance of systems and avionics mounted on an aircraft.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Be able to obtain a US passport or visa to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course and medical requirement
- Be willing to fly for extended periods
- Be capable of lifting and carrying 80+ lbs for extended distances
- Current experience with DOD avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment repair and modification.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, ISR sensors, requirements tracking, testing and validation. "Hands-on" experience developing systems for Airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Experience must include an understanding of basic electronics principles and theory and must be proficient with test equipment.
- Advanced experience/knowledge of IT principles and practices strongly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.