The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Personnel Security Specialist to work on the Automated Record Check team at the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency’s (NGA) location in Springfield, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your personnel security knowledge, experience and technical expertise to help the Office of Personnel Security support processing using automated records checks and cross-overs/reciprocity actions.
An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is required to be considered.
- Collect, investigate, research, document, and forward to adjudications, all reportable information from employees and contractors within the IRTPA and DNI mandated timelines;
- Document, file, and maintain all actions in the PeopleSoft security system of record.
- Collect, investigate, research, document, and forward to adjudications, as applicable, all adjudicative relevant information received through automated records checks (ARC) for employees and applicants in the SISP mandated timelines.
- Follow-up as appropriate to ensure timely action on all Automated Record Checks (ARC)
- Prepare accurate and quality reports of investigation
- Submit appropriate documentation to applicable databases to complete the National Agency Checks in less than 30 days
- Prepare the Automated Records Check report, as required, using the established template and place in ePSF, annotating action in the Investigations Module in PeopleSoft
- Identify any outstanding actions on a weekly basis to the Team Lead.
- An active TS/SCI clearance and ability to undergo a successful Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI) examination.
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience in Personnel Security in the IC, DoD or Federal Government environment.
- A minimum of 1 year of previous Background Investigator, Personnel Security Specialist, or TS/SCI adjudicative experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing Automated Records Checks.
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure meeting required timelines and FIS quality standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related information management field.
A Master’s degree or higher in a business, computer science, library science, engineering, information technology, mathematics, or a scientific field.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.