A UI/UX Designer participates in the software development process as follows. The UI/UX Designer responsibilities include the gathering of user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. The candidate should have experience with design software and wireframe tools.
• Principles of software design
• Knowledge of software development concepts
• Knowledge of functional and structural design techniques
• Knowledge of various software development models, including Agile development and iterative models and be able to design as part of a lifecycle model
• Ability to communicate with others to include developers and business analysts
• Proficient in the operation of a Microsoft Windows© based computer and internet browser
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Products- Word©, Excel©, PowerPoint©
• Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
• Portfolio of design projects
• Knowledge of wireframe tools
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
• Good time-management skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Analytical skills and ability to see the big picture
• Organizational skills
• Independent judgment
• Self-sufficiency, resourcefulness
• Aptitude for teamwork
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
• Build page navigation buttons and search fields
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
• Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
• Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
• Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
• Minimum of 5 years of software design experience and BS degree. Four years of relevant work experience can be substituted for degree.
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (Agile, waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.